Monday, October 3, 2011

UR Cloudpost.

I want to talk about my card choices in a little bit more detail here, where I can better gather my thoughts instead of just spur of the moment recording.  (You can find the video deck profile here)   I cut the Serrated Arrows from the main deck because of a few reasons. All of them for the infect matchup. Early game I would rather have the arrows be a lightning bolt. In testing it felt like I always wanted a 1 mana removal spell in my hand vs infect. Arrows is amazing late game vs infect, but you have to make it to the late game, which is something all the 1 mana burn spells allow you to do. I still want to test wall of tanglechord in my SB, but I have nothing I want to cut out of the board. As the format continues to develop I should get a more definitive idea of what cards are deserving of sideboard slots. Grim harvest found its way into the main deck because I really liked that card when it was Standard with teachings, and thought it would give the deck the perfect late game plan vs the slower decks. Vs mono black its unbeatable, and the ability to chain mulldrifters makes you a heavy favorite vs them preboard. I tested out 1 Steamcore Weird in the main, but it felt too gimmicky and unneeded, as I would always rather return mulldrifter. The 1 Deep analysis became a 3rd teachings because Id rather have teachings in control mirrors, and I like to be able to teach for removal vs aggro over having to cast Deep analysis and hope to draw a removal spell. Still hate the staggershock, as it doesnt do enough for 3 mana. This deck really wants an instant speed kill a creature effect, but there are no good ones in red, and I dont think we can support a black removal spell in the main deck. Grim harvest is fine cause you dont need it online till later game, but you would need the removal spell early, and you are not favored to have black mana on turn 3 or 4.

Well I think thats about it for now, Ill get into the sideboard tomorrow.

Be sure to check out my Youtube channel at   NextLevelMTGCoachings channel

No comments:

Post a Comment