Tuesday, October 4, 2011

UR Cloudpost Sideboard Choices

If you havent seen the list, check out my 10-03-11 deck profile, located HERE.  Lets start with affinity,
You need your sideboard to help you get to the late game vs them, which is why I chose 2 gorilla shaman, 2 ancient grudge. Once you get to the late game you can either teachings for shattering pulse, or more ancient grudges if need be. Builders bane was really nice, but didnt fit that role, it was a late game card and shattering pulse is just better. Once I lost a game with builders bane in my hand and not enough mana to stem the bleeding it was clear to me the gameplan I needed to have vs affinity.  Shattering pulse and ancient grudge are also solid vs WW decks.  I am not terribly concerned about control mirrors, as control is underplayed in the pauper dailys currently. That being said, I do respect them enough to run the Main deck grim harvest, and have 1 deep analysis 1 pyroblast and the 2 earth rifts in the board.  The one deep analysis will likely become something else, as I am not sold on its applications vs control.  The earth rifts are there just to kill opposing cloudposts, and the pyroblast is good vs all forms of blue based control ,and also storm.  Speaking of storm I also have 3 hydroblasts and the hindering touch + seismic shudder lineup ready for them.   For the reasons I state in my video ( Just watch it, you know you want to) They are solid cards and I would not change them. Hydroblasts are also good vs goblins, mono red burn, and to a lesser extent, boros. I also board in earth rifts on the play vs invasion sac land storm.  The arrows is there to have a sort of catch all sideboard card vs aggro. It is very good mid game vs goblins, infect, WW, and other dorky aggro decks, and combos nicely with capsize to lock aggro out of the mid/late game. It should also be noted that arrows is an out to both guardian of the guildpact, and crimson acolyte, as well as other pro red guys. If WW ever gets very popular, a few arrows are fine in the main deck.

Well thats all for now, be sure to check out my channel, and rate, comment, and subscribe if you like what you see.                 NextLevelMTGCoaching Youtube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment