Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Solar Flare Card Choices

Today I am going to explain my card choices for my most recent Solar Flare Deck list
Here is the list for Reference

4 Glacial Fortress
2 Sun Titan
3 Day of Judgment
4 Think Twice
1 Grave Titan
2 Jace, Memory Adept
2 Doom Blade
1 Darkslick Shores
3 Seachrome Coast
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Plains
4 Mana Leak
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Isolated Chapel
3 Forbidden Alchemy
5 Island
2 Swamp
3 Gideon Jura
1 Go for the Throat
4 Drowned Catacomb

Sideboard
3 Timely Reinforcements
1 Consecrated Sphinx
2 Dissipate
1 Doom Blade
1 Sever the Bloodline
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Batterskull
1 Revoke Existence
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Nihil Spellbomb


The Planeswalkers are in here because the format is a slow grinding format revolving around 6 drops, whether it be wurmcoil, consecrated sphinx, or a titan. Jace and Gideon come down earlier then the 6 drops, and fight them very well. Jace lets you draw 2 cards a turn to their 1 and gideon fights aggro as well as the slow control decks.

4 o-rings are there to help fight planeswalkers, as that is something this deck cant do very well. Also it gives added value to forbidden alchemy + sun titan.

2 doom blade, 1 go for the throat. The GftT is there as another way to kill the otherwise unkillable grave titan. Grave titan is huge in control mirrors.

0 unburial rites. This card is just terrible unless your alchemy specifically hits the rites + 6 drop. In every other situation its just useless. I perfer consistancy over high variance spells, so I opted for 0 unburial rites.


I havent played enough with my Sideboard to know if everything is 100% correct or not. I will do so in the coming days and post my results on here and on my youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment